Monday, July 13, 2009

Common sense and it's replacement

I want to start off by saying that this post is one fuelled not by anger or annoyance, but by pity. Pity towards all the people who have a cry because they don't like something and , thinking we all think like them, and have it banned or altered, thus ruining it for the rest of us.

I would like to say that OH&S SUCKS! Yes, being safe is great, but when the need to have a licence to climb up a small ladder, it is going too far. Whats next? You have to wear a helmet while walking down the street? Stretching before reaching for the mail in the letterbox? It's political correctness gone way, way too far. But why are all these rules brought in? Well, from what i've noticed, it is from everybody suing each other. These laws are brought in to prevent idiots falling over and gaining a multi-million dollar compensation claim becauuse he decided to put some home-made rockets on the back of a shopping trolley while using a ramp to try and get the trolley airborne. Yeah, it's great that idiots sue companies for idiot actions, and they nearly always win.

I was shocked to hear that a person in the USA sued a local dry-cleaners for $10 million for losing his pants... AND HE WON! What the fuck? When is it ok for a sook with lost trousers to decide he will make a ruckus and get lots of money, while looking like an idiot and also forcing a local business to close because of a small mistake? I say to him "Harden up, stop bitching and also stop whining about your lost pants. Oh boo hoo, your pants went missing, GET A LIFE!" Thank Christ another court voided the ruling so the laundromat didn't have to pay for this idiots selfish acts. But it gets me thinking about similar events which are seen in newspapers everyday.

If I get stabbed, raped and then assaulted, the criminal would get 10 years in prison (at the most,) yet if I sue a handyman for leaving a wooden plank that I kick and bruise my toe, I'd get a bloody huge payout at the expense of the poor guy's financial well being, as well as a mention in a newspaper about "how I'm fighting carelessness" or something like that, yet the criminal probably wouldn't get a mention because it's not important enough. For all that it is worth, I am sure those who read this will agree in me saying that political correctness will not only remove the need of common sense, but will also create the inability to tell right from wrong for yourself. Why do we allow our society to go down this potentially disastrous road?

No comments:

Post a Comment