Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Some like Snickers, others like Mars. I like Twix bars.

I was talking to a friend at school today, about the normal things, her boyfriend (who is also a friend of mine), and also some stuff that was new and strange to me. She was talking about moving out of home next year to go to uni in Melbourne. With her boy friend of course. It got me thinking. About how little time there is until the end of high school. About how I'm moving into adulthood. About how I'll have to move away to Melbourne to go to uni. And it scares the shit out of me.

OK, maybe thats a bit of an overstatement, but the near certainty of me moving out is very daunting. Now before you ask "Aaron, possibly you don't have to move out. Why don't you go to uni in Geelong?" Well idiot, I've already explored that option, and the only teaching they do down here is primary school teaching, and I refuse to become a glorified babysitter. I want to talk to (more?) intelligent people, instead of passing people for doing well during nap time. Even though my friend who I was talking to will also be doing teaching as well (she'll be doing media and I want to do English) but at least she'll have someone to support her up there.


As all my family are in Geelong, I have to find a place to stay up there. I mean, it's fine for me to rent, but I would have to find a room mate, because I am not going to live by myself and pay for all of the rent. Or I could live on campus, but the fees are astronomical. It would be easier for me to live on campus, but i think i will be paying off the fees until I'm a decrepite old dude complaining about the kids and their Gameboys and Nintendos. That isn't very appealing... or maybe it is. Being an old dude who complains would be fairly good... but I'm getting off track. I could ask to stay with my best friend, but I think he will still be living at his parents' house.

I guess I will have to figure out what to do next year. If I don't, I guess I'll be in a bit of trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment